Wednesday 30 April 2014

Sew for Victory: Final Dress



Sooooo..... it's not the dress I planned on making. HOWEVER, similar to Rochelle it really helped improve my sewing morale. 

I wanted to make a 40's farm girl/ land army dress since I love the soft 'farm-ish' patterns and relaxed but practical dresses. From that I figured a shirt dress was the perfect way to go! 

I ended up using a 50's shirt pattern for the bodice since it was the only one I had on hand that didn't take any altering. For the skirt I went with a 40's dirndl style but pleated it since I thought it would look a bit sleeker that way. The fabric is my favourite, a printed Japanese cotton lawn, which is currently on sale (wooo!).

I should mention, I haven't given up on my original dress. I just don't want to force myself to finish it in time for Sew for Victory.

Dress: Made by me
Gum Boots: Op Shop
Necklace: Target USA   













No comments:

Post a Comment